Keeping Yourself and Others Well During a Pandemic
Yes, it’s difficult to believe we are still here – right in the middle of a global pandemic. Leaders around the country are making decisions about whether school districts around the nation should go back to school. It’s a stressful time for parents, educators, and students. Here are a few tips on how to keep yourself and others well during this uncertain time:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat regular meals consisting of nutritious food.
- Exercise regularly.
- Wash your hands. Maintaining good personal hygiene is an effective way to prevent germs from spreading and to prevent the transmission of communicable diseases.
- Use hand sanitizers. Use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% of alcohol content.
- Avoid hand-to-face contact.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid being in contact with people who are ill.
- Sanitize high-traffic areas often.
Areas to Sanitize
Sanitize frequently touched common surfaces and high-traffic areas in your home and workplace such as:
- Chair arms
- Stair rails
- Children’s area
- Your vehicles steering wheels and door handles