2022 Accomplishments: A Year in Review
2022 was another remarkable year for Anthem Strong Families (ASF). We continued to significantly impact Dallas counties under resourced communities and families by continuing robust online learning, relocating to new ASF corporate headquarters, and providing much needed services for those who are disenfranchised; striking at the heart of generational poverty and the barriers that prevent families from being productive.
- As a recipient of a significant federal investment of $17 million from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance. We are strategically providing dynamic and award-winning programming to support responsible fatherhood and healthy marriage and relationships for adults, parenting, and financial literacy. More than 7,000 men, women and their children will be served in Dallas and surrounding counties.
- ASF enhanced digital platforms which allowed participants the opportunity to attend classes, workshops, and mini clinics to help families and assist fathers reunite with their children.
- More than 1600 people completed the award-winning and critically acclaimed, TYRO CHAMPION DAD PROGRAM and mini clinics at ASF of our annual targeted research goal despite the challenges and inability to access previous partners like Dallas County alternative sentencing facilities and Child Care Protective Services (CPS) due to shelter-in-place orders.
More than 800 families completed family strengthening workshop services and mini clinics such as Parenting with Your Ex; Getting Married and Loving It; Champion Parenting; Drug, Substance and Alcohol Education and Stress vs. Anger Management.
- Increased outreach and enrollment of Spanish-speaking participants through growing partnerships with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and community agencies providing other services to Hispanic families. ASF successfully conducted it’s first completion ceremony for 30 graduates at the Mexican Consulate.
- For the first time in ASF history more than 21 breast cancer survivors participated and completed ASF classes.
- The ASF Marketing Team received 3 MARCOM AWARDS from the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. There were approximately 6,000 entries from corporate marketing and communication departments, advertising agencies, public relations firms, design shops, production companies and freelancers. We received a Platinum Award for Team Achievement Social Media Growth and a Gold Award for, The 2022 Dallas Regional Family and Fatherhood Summit (Strategic Communications) and a Gold Award for Web Redesign.
- ASF hosted the 2nd annual 2022 Dallas Regional Family and Fatherhood Summit “PROTECTING THE MASTERPIECE OF FAMILY: A COMMUNITY CALL TO ACTION.” The Summit produced a white paper addressing issues that affect families from being successful such as incarceration, the lack of affordable housing, the mental health crisis, current immigration policies, health disparities, child support issues and father absenteeism.